Employment Tribunal Pricing Information
Our pricing guidelines for bringing and defending claims for unfair or wrongful dismissal to hearing:
- Simple case £2,000.00 to £8,000.00 (plus VAT)
- Medium complexity case £8,000.00 to £15,000.00 (plus VAT)
- High complexity case £15,000.00 to £40,000.00 (plus VAT)
The costs for claims vary depending on the complexity of the case. Our fees are based on the amount of time spent on a matter and the hourly rate of the person working on your behalf. The factors that could make a case more complex are:
- If the case takes longer to hear;
- If it is necessary to make or defend applications, to amend claims or to provide further information about an existing claim;
- Defending claims that are brought by litigants in person;
- More witnesses and documents;
- If it is an automatic unfair dismissal claim (e.g. if you are dismissed after blowing the whistle on your employer);
- A new or complex issue of law; and
- Where the other side deals with the case inefficiently.
Disbursements are costs relating to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as court fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
You would also incur Barrister’s fees estimated at approximately £2,500.00 for the first day of the tribunal hearing (including preparation), and £1,000.00 for each of the second and third day (depending on the experience of the Barrister). You will also have to pay the travel expenses of your Solicitor and Barrister on standard fare public transport or mileage paid at HMRC rates.